The service request module in Calem allows an organization to capture issues from internal and external customers. There are a few options to report service requests.
- A. Service requests by users logged into Calem. Login users can report service requests from web or mobile applications.
- B. Report service requests by email. An email box can be configured to submit service requests. Calem will read from this email box and create service requests in Calem.
- C. Report service requests from Calem Ajax Web without login. A user does not need to log into Calem to report a service request. The Ajax Web screen can be enabled in the login screen (see screenshot below), or embedded in an organization's web site.
- This option is applicable for a non-public network environment such as an intranet. It is not recommended for cloud service for data privacy since the asset and location could be visible to the public.
- For public network environment a user should log into Calem with a fixed, or floating seat to enter a service request.
Once a service request is entered, the service dispatchers are notified via email or text by Calem. The end users will get email notifications throughout their service request life cycles (from submission to closure).
Option C: SR without Login
When the option is enabled to submit service request without login, the link highlighted below is shown at the login screen. Click the screen to launch the service request submit screen.
- The lookup fields do not have lookup buttons as in normal data entry screens in Calem.
- Users may enter a partial asset tag or location name to bring up list of lookup values.