Calem Enterprise provides the tools to manage your employee work schedules from single shift weekly schedule to multi-shift and multi-week rotational schedules. Here are the components in Calem Enterprise to manage employee schedules:
Once the schedules are managed by Calem Enterprise, a planner can view employee availability from a color coded calendar, or work order weekly schedule screen, or dispatch board.
Work Order Weekly Schedule screen:
The first step is to configure the shifts (Admin module | Data Design | Dropdowns | "cm_shift" object). For example:
- "(None)" shift indicates no work scheduled.
- "Day" shift is for work day with start and end time defined inside the shift object.
- "Night" shift is for work night with start and end time defined inside the shift object.
Work schedules are defined as recurring patterns of work weeks. They are referred to as Schedule Cycles. Menu path is: Schedule Module | Schedule | Schedule Cycles.
- A facility could use a simple one week cycle. For example, all employees work the same shift from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, and take off on Saturday and Sunday.
- A schedule cycle may consist of more than one week. For example, a factory may use a two week recurring pattern. Each two-week schedule can have work and non-work days. Employees work by a two-week schedule throughout the year.
- Each day can be active for a schedule or inactive.
- If a day is part of a cycle, it is checked to be active.
- If a shift is "(None)", it is not a work day.
Here is the default work week from Monday to Friday.
Here is a screenshot of two-week rotational schedule cycles:
Once schedule cycles are defined. You may define schedules based on the cycles above.
- A schedule is to start the cycle defined above from the start date.
- A schedule can be assigned to a resource by user, team, or site.
- Only one schedule in the system can be set as default (a catch-all schedule).
User Schedule Generation
To make the system generate schedules for you, you must set up user schedule generation as a scheduled task (see "Tasks in Calem Enterprise" of Admin Guide for more information).
The system uses the following rules in schedule generation:
- Schedules are generated for users who are EAM crew (with "EAM Crew?" flag checked) and of "Active" statuses.
- The system will use the "Start date" and "End date" of a schedule and its cycle to project schedules in the future.
- The schedule generation process will refresh generated schedules. The default window to refresh the schedule is 7 days prior to the time the process is executing and 28 days into the future. You can customize the window (see Admin Guide for more information).
It is efficient to rely on the schedules and auto-generation for scheduling. You may adjust the schedule manually in the following ways:
- Use "Site Time Off" (from Schedule Module | Open | Site Time Off) to define holidays for sites.
- Use "Time Off" (from Schedule Module | Open | Time Off) to define holidays or vacations for users.
You may check out Calem Enterprise User Guide for more information. The User Guide is available for Calem Enterprise customers from the support site.