This section is intended for a business case that work order are used to collect meter readings. The meter readings can be readings of asset meters, or environmental readings of locations.
Calem Enterprise supports both asset meters and location meters. You can take advantage of location based meters where you do not need to have an asset for a work order. You may implement the meter readings in both asset and location work orders:
- A work order for an asset with meters. Have meters included in the work order so their readings can be taken during the execution of the work order.
- A work order for a location. Have meters included for the location so their readings can be taken during the execution of the work order.
It is tedious to create a work order, then add meters to it for reading collection. You can streamline the meters in work orders through PM Plan and PM in Calem Enterprise:
- Create meter groups for the assets or locations with meters.
- Create meters for the assets or locations based on meter groups.
- For recurring maintenance jobs by time or meters:
- Create PM Plans for the each maintenance job. Set a time schedule if applicable. Otherwise, you can add meter schedules later on. You can have both time and meter schedules for a PM.
- Create PMs for each asset or location based on the PM Plans applicable.
- Add meter-based schedules if any
- Add meters so their readings can be taken
- Calem will generate work orders based on the schedules by time or meters.
- You may have readings taken while executing work orders.
- For corrective maintenance jobs (i.e., no maintenance schedules by time or meters), you may use PM Plan and PM to facilitate the corrective work order creation and avoid adding meters manually each time you need to do a work order for an asset or location.
- Create PM Plans for each corrective maintenance job you may perform often
- Create PMs for each asset or location based on the PM Plans applicable
- Add to the PM meters so their readings can be taken
- When you need to create work orders to take readings for an asset or location, use "Work Order module | Create from PM" to select the PM created above so a work order can be created with all the meters.
- You may have readings taken during work order execution.
You may reference Calem Enterprise User Guide for the creation of meter groups, meters, PM Plans and PMs.
Launch meter groups from Asset module | Codes | Meter Groups. Next, create a meter group or click to select one meter group to launch meter group form. A meter group represents identical meters.
Go to "Meter" Tab of meter group form, click "+" at the meter list to add a new meter to a meter group.
Finally, add the meters you created for an asset or location to your PMs.