This blog series demonstrate the data setup through uploading data from excel templates. Previous blogs include:
Here are some background about excel templates and data upload:
- An excel data template is generated for each table in Calem. Customers can download the archive of all the templates at http://support.calemeam.com/view.php?id=4046. A customer account is required to download the templates.
- The Data Upload Guide has information for some tables that should not be uploaded including transaction tables that are generated in Calem. Customers can reference the Data Upload Guide at http://support.calemeam.com/view.php?id=3983. A customer account is required to download the Guide.
- The excel templates can be used to create new data or update existing data. So, you can use the same excel file to create data and make changes by uploading the file more than once.
This is the third part of the data upload tutorial. This blog serves as the detailed walk-through for the steps defined in Calem Setup Part 2: Preventive Maintenance.
Step 1. Asset and Location
Asset module is referenced by the PM module. Use resources below to set up asset and location:
- Upload via Excel Templates: Data Upload Part 2: Asset and Location
- Setup steps via screens: Calem Setup Part 1: Asset and Location
Step 2. Inventory
Spare parts and tools may be referenced by PM plans when setting up job plans. Use resources below to set up inventory:
- Upload via Excel Templates: Data Upload Part 1: Inventory
- Setup steps via screens: Data Setup Part 1: Inventory
Step 3. Permits and Docuemnts
Permits may be referenced by PM plans. Set up permits from work order module:
- Menu path: Work Order Module | Open | Permit Templates. Special permits such as Work at Height or Lock-Out and Tag-Out can be created and then referenced in PM Plans.
Documents including photo, drawing, manuals can be included in the PM Plans. Upload documents via Calem web client. See documents of Calem Setup Part 1: Asset and Location for more information.
Step 4. PM Plans
- PM Plan excel sheet for data upload: cm_pm_plan.RepeatSchedules.xls
- PM Plan steps can be uploaded by excel sheet: cm_pm_step.PmSteps.xls
PM Rounds are locations or assets a preventive maintenance run may cover. They include:
- PM Rounds to define the rounds: cm_pm_round.PmRounds.xls
- PM Round stops for each round: cm_pm_round_stop.PmRoundStop.xls
Step 6. PMs
PMs are the maintenance jobs. They consist of a PM Plan (a job plan) and an asset or a location with an initial due date information. PMs are released on the initial due date by Calem. Next due dates are calculated based on schedule of the PM Plans of the PMs.
- PM excel sheet for data upload: cm_pm.PMs.xls