Vendor setup is discussed in a previous blog here. This blog discusses the steps to upload vendors and prices. There are two steps to set up vendors and prices.
Data Upload via Excel Templates
Excel templates are available in Calem for every table so that data can be managed via excel files. See this blog for more information.
Step 1. Vendors
The first step is to set up vendors in Calem. Vendors are stored in companies and sites in Calem. When uploading vendors a site is created for each vendor with the same name.
- The excel template is: cm_company.Vendors.xls
- The "Is vendor?" column should be set to "1" if the company is a vendor.
- The "Is Manufacturer?" column should be set to "1" if the company is a manufacturer.
- A company can be both a vendor and manufacturer.
Step 2. Vendor Prices
The last step is to set up prices for items supplied by vendors. An item price can be set for a single site, or for all sites. To set a price for all sites, just leave the site field to be empty.
- The excel template is: cm_in_vendor.VendorPartPrices.xls