Vendor setup is discussed in a previous blog here. This blog discusses the steps to upload vendors and prices. There are three steps to set up vendors and prices.
Data Upload via Excel Templates
Excel templates are available in Calem for every table so that data can be managed via excel files. See this blog for more information.
Step 1. Vendors
The first step is to set up vendors in Calem. Vendors are stored in companies and sites in Calem. When uploading vendors a site is created for each vendor with the same name.
- The excel template is: cm_company.Vendors.xls
- The "Is vendor?" column should be set to "1" indicating the company is a vendor.
Step 2. Vendor Authorization
The next step is to authorize a vendor for use by a site or all sites. To authorize a vendor for all sites just set the "Site" field to empty for that vendor.
- The excel template is: cm_site_vendor.AuthorizedVendors.xls
Step 3. Vendor Prices
The last step is to set up prices for items supplied by vendors. An item price can be set for a single site, or for all sites. To set a price for all sites, just leave the site field to be empty.
- The excel template is: cm_in_vendor.VendorPartPrices.xls
- Vendor Setup via web forms
- Bulk data update via export and import
- Data Upload Part 1: Inventory Setup
- Data Upload Part 2: Asset and Location
- Data Upload Part 3: Preventive Maintenance
- User Guide and Admin Guide (customer account required)
- Calem Enterprise Training Site
- Calem Enterprise Blogs
- Calem Enterprise demo