When creating a service request (SR) or a work order (WO), one may enter either an asset or a location. Calem Release R21e introduced the asset selection through location. Here is the description:
- Launch SR or WO creation screen, click the lookup button or enter a location.
- Calem inspect assets in the selected location. If there is only one asset at that location, the asset is populated in the creation screen.
- If there are more than one asset at that location, Calem will list all the assets for selection.
- This feature was not turned on by default. It can be enabled by the following configuration at server/conf/calem.custom.php
- Location field must be visible in the screen for this feature to be effective.
//Enable asset by location for WO $_CALEM_dist['wo_conf']['set_asset_by_loc']=true; //Enable asset by location for SR $_CALEM_dist['sr_conf']['set_asset_by_loc']=true;
- If asset is mandatory to create an SR/WO, add the following to the client/conf/CmConf.custom.js to enable this requirement.
//Mandatory Asset Tag in WO/SR CmMetadata['cm_wo']['fields']['asset_id']['required']=true; CmMetadata['cm_sr']['fields']['asset_id']['required']=true;