Requisition approval auto-routing is available in release R10l (March 2017). The pre-requisites for approval routing include:
- Set up users with "Supervisor" configured (at Organization | ACL Profiles | User List)
- Set up REQ approval levels (at Organization | ACL Profiles | REQ Level)
- Set up REQ approvers(at Organization | ACL Profiles | REQ Approvers)
- Set up REQ Buyer users (at Organization | ACL Profiles | Monitor User)
Calem uses the following rules in routing approvals:
- When a REQ items are updated, Calem uses the "Requester" user to route the approvals.
- If the Requester user is a REQ approver and the REQ approval level is sufficient per REQ total, the Requester is set as approver.
- Otherwise, the supervisor of the REQ requester is evaluated. If the supervisor is a REQ approver with sufficient approval level, the supervisor is set as the approver. This step is repeated till an approver is found or the supervisor relationship is exhausted.
- If an approver cannot be found. Calem will notify REQ monitors that an approver
cannot be found for the requisition.
- Approver will receive an email about a REQ waiting for approval.
- Approver can open the notification link to log into Calem to approve.
- Once a REQ is approved, REQ buyers are notified.
Customers planning to use the feature can find more information about requisition and monitor roles in Calem Enterprise User Guide and Admin Guide.