Requisition approval auto-routing is available in release R10l (March 2017). The pre-requisites for approval routing include:
- Set up users with "Supervisor" configured (at Organization | ACL Profiles | User List)
- Set up REQ approval levels (at Organization | ACL Profiles | REQ Level)
- Set up REQ approvers(at Organization | ACL Profiles | REQ Approvers). You may define approval teams. For backward compatibility, individual approvers can also be defined.
- Set up REQ Buyer users (at Organization | ACL Profiles | Monitor User)
Calem uses the following rules in routing approvals:
- A requisition is created with "New" status. Items can be added or adjusted in the requisition. When the requisition is ready for review. Its status is changed to "Ready".
- A newly created requisition is transitioned to "Ready" status in 30 minutes to give users ample time to add items or adjust prices.
- When a requisition is in ready status. The pre-approvers are notified based on supervisors.
- By default, approvers are calculated and notified. The option can be turned off to require pre-approval. Contact your Calem Support Team to do it.
- When a requisition is pre-approved, the approvers are calculated and notified.
- If the Requester user is a
REQ approver and the REQ approval level is sufficient per REQ total, the Requester
is set as approver.
- Otherwise, the supervisor of
the REQ requester is evaluated. If the supervisor is a REQ approver with sufficient
approval level, the supervisor is set as the approver. This step is repeated till an approver
is found or the supervisor relationship is exhausted.
- If an approver cannot be determined by the supervisor chain Calem will search the approvers by requisition site (Organization| ACL Profiles | REQ Approval) and notify the first approver or approval team with the sufficient approval levels.
- If an approver cannot be found. Calem will notify REQ monitors that an approver
cannot be found for the requisition.
Note: auto-generated requisitions will have "Administrator" as the requester. So, you may configure a supervisor for the "admin" user so that Calem can route the approval properly.
- Approver will receive an email about a REQ waiting for approval.
- Approver can open the notification link to log into Calem to approve.
- Once a REQ is approved, REQ buyers are notified.
- Use Quotation in Requisition Approval
- Requisition Module Training
- Inventory Module Training
- User Guide and Admin Guide (customer account required)
- Calem Enterprise Training Site
- Calem Enterprise Blogs
- Calem Enterprise demo