One of the features in the upcoming R10o release is the convenient setup of read-only modules. Here is the business case:
- Some maintenance staff can perform work orders and service requests. They are granted read and edit rights for work orders and service requests. However, they only have read-only access to other modules including asset, preventive maintenance (PMs), inventory and vendors.
The feature of read-only modules simplifies the setup process. Read-only modules can be set up easily.
- A group inherits modules accessible from its parent group. So, if your module list in the group form is empty, the parent group's read-only is inherited. However, if you like to configure read-only modules different from a parent group, use "3.4.2 Module Customization" in the Calem Enterprise Admin Guide to configure a module accessible list for this group, and save it. Then, proceed with the read-only configuration.
- Set/unset read-only flags for each module for this group
- The group will need to be used in an ACL profile to enforce read-only for modules of this group.
- This feature is applicable to AjxWeb client. It is not applied to Calem Touch. Calem Touch should be customized based on mobile needs so each group of users has the right set of menu items.