Approval routing of purchase orders (POs) has been added in the the coming release of R2019c.
- When a PO is created the status is set to "New". One may add line items to the PO.
- Calem will transition POs of "New" status to "Ready" in 30 minutes after last updated. One may also manually move a PO into "Ready" status.
- When a PO reaches the "Ready" status with line items, Calem will calculate the approver or an approval team, and email the approver/team an email to approve the PO based on PO approval levels and the site of the PO.
- An approver may approve the PO.
- If a PO is created from an approved REQ directly, or upon approving a REQ, the PO is placed in "Ready" status by Calem.
1. PO Approval ConfigurationApproval levels are ranges of dollar amounts.
- Menu path: Organization | ACL Profiles | PO Level
- The "From" amount is used to select approvers with the minimum approval level based on the PO amounts.
- The "To" amount is unlimited if it is a negative value.
- Menu path: Organization | ACL Profiles | PO Approval
- Set "Site" field for approvers for a site only.
- Leave "Site" field empty for approvers for all sites.
2. PO Monitor
Set up PO monitor users/teams to receive PO email notifications. When a PO is transitioned to ready state but no approvers can be found, Calem will notify the users/teams with PO Monitor role by email.
- Menu path: Organization | ACL Profiles | Monitor User
- Add a team and select "PO Monitor" and sites.
3. Request Approval ManuallyThe transition to "Ready" status from "New" triggers approval routing. Alternatively, one may manually transition a PO from "Ready" to "Ready" to request approval.